Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Fish in Lemon Butter Sauce



I just loved this fish. A very simple recipe yet totally melt-in-the-mouth delicious.
I am usually little wary  working with fish as I do not have much expertise in cooking this delicacy, even though, at the first given opportunity I love to order it. My love for fish has me always on the lookout for easy recipes which are simple and quick to make and believe me this recipe was an absolute cakewalk. I used lemon pepper (Keya's) instead of black pepper and it is was just  perfect to add that much needed zing to the dish. 

Ingredients
4 fish fillets
2 tsp lemon juice
6 tsp butter
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp fresh chives.
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
4 tbsp water
1 tbsp flour
 salt to taste

Method
Pat fish fillets dry with paper towel. 
Mix the flour with seasoned salt and lemon pepper in a shallow dish.
Dredge the fish with the seasoned flour.
Melt 3 tsp butter in a saucepan over low heat.
When the butter gets heated up (Be careful not to burn the butter), add the fish and cook on both sides till golden brown and tender.
Transfer to a serving plate.
Add the remaining butter and lemon juice to the pan, increase heat and stir.
Dissolve the flour in the water and add to the lemon butter. Mix thoroughly and cook till the sauce is slightly thick. Add the chives.
Pour the warm sauce over the fish and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment