Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Cookies and Cream




It feels a  little odd returning to my blog after a long gap of almost two and a half months. I am still getting used to the transition from a totally secure and well protected army life to a totally civilian life, of moving to a new house, settling down in the new place, getting used to the new household  help, and to top it all, had to tackle with the kids exams, then before I knew it their vacations started, after which came headlong the herculean task of  keeping them busy, then, the family holiday trip followed by guests..whew!! Does the pace of life ever slow down ?? The list just never seems to end, one thing just leading to another.....
Everyday, I would think about my blog and of posting the new dishes I would try out but as much as I wanted, just could not muster up enough energy to write a post and then edit it and upload the photos. But now, I have finally decided to pull my socks up and here I am ..back...so, so happy to be back, eager to share and learn.


Today, I am sharing with you a really easy recipe inspired by Kwality Walls new icecream flavor "Cookies and Cream" which my kids absolutely adore. So, I thought why not replicate the same recipe at home and boy was it a success !!!!
 Just imagine the pieces of dark, rich chocolaty cookies dunked in deliciously creamy vanilla ice cream. Can you think of anything more perfect to beat the scorching heat ?? What could be more indulgent than the deadly combination of Oreo biscuits and Icecream ? What are you waiting for? Just go for it........
Believe me, this dessert is something to absolutely die for...


Ingredients
1 brick of Vanilla Ice Cream
2 big packets of Oreos biscuits (about 15-20 biscuits)
Some leftover chocolate cake or a store bought one
1/4 cup fruit juice - to moisten the cake
some extra Oreo biscuits - for decoration


Method
Crumble the cake and layer the bottom of a serving dish. Press it down gently.
Sprinkle the cake with the fruit juice. 
Allow the ice cream to melt in a bowl.
Chop up the biscuits in an irregular manner or roughly process them in a mixer. (the quantity of biscuits totally depends on your fondness for it - as they say - you can never have enough cookies in the ice cream).
Mix the melted ice cream and the biscuits together. 
Pour the ice cream and cookies mixture on top of the cake.
Lightly cover the cake dish and freeze for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
When ready to serve, let the cake sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes and serve garnished with the extra cookies.
Easy, isn't it ?





See how quickly it disappears !!

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment