Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

Stir Fried Lamb in Black Bean Sauce

As a family we all love Chinese food and because of the unanimous liking for this cuisine I love to try my hand at making it. I find cooking Chinese food very quick and easy to make . To save time, I usually plan in advance and prep my veggies a day ahead making the cooking process go much faster.
This is the first time I made lamb - I don't know why I haven't tried making lamb before - maybe because I have always found handling chicken much easier. The dish came out really great.  It was not only quick and easy to make but  full of flavors. The lamb was absolutely soft and succulent. I have tried the same recipe with chicken too, but I personally felt the lamb tasted way better. Also using the lamb stock to make the sauce made a world of a difference. Earlier I always wondered why my sauces tasted so bland, it was because I always used water to make the sauce. Using the stock really helps to enhance the flavor of the dish. 

Ingredients
500 gms boneless lamb, cut into strips.
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp black bean sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar
4 tsp garlic, minced
200 ml lamb stock
1 tsp cornflour
1 capsicum, cut into cubes
1 onion, cut into cubes
4 cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks great! I will definitely cook this because it's always so fun to re-create delicious and tasty recipe like this. Thank you for this and please keep on sharing!

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete