Easy-peasy and oh-so delicious!!
Creamy veggies and crunchy onion toppings - this dish is perfect to make for a weekday dinner when you don't want to spend too much time slogging it off in the kitchen.
The Green Bean casserole was concocted in 1955 by Campbell's Kitchen head Dorcas Reily. This recipe landed Reilly a spot in the Inventors Hall of fame in 2002 and after tasting the dish I know exactly why!!
Try it out and you too will fall in love with this version and I can assure you that like for me, it will become your new go-to recipe for making the perfect green bean casserole.
3 cups chicken broth
1 can(10 3/4 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup french fried onion rings
1/2 tsp garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Boil the green beans in the chicken broth for 10 minutes till slightly softened, and then drain.
- Mix the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 11/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the cheddar and bake for further 10 minutes till the casserole is hot and cheese is melted and bubbling.